Finished my flash animation (1920’s “How to make the perfect … Martini!) and it’s up on my Youtube Channel – check it out!
A 1920’s style silhouette flash animation.
I drew/cut out the silhouettes using black card, and the background is scrunched up pink tissue paper. There’s also a few loosely drawn ink and water illustrations as well to stop the animation looking totally flat.
Originally it was going to be like a silent movie, with the Charleston music, but a voice over was mandatory – soo, got the boyfriend to do the voice over – thank yoou! 😀 x
Anyways, it’s a “How to…” video, a lil’ step by step process into making a Martini – the signature 1920s speak-easy poison of choice!
A quick wee update into what I’m working on in studio right now – a flash animation on how to make the perfect Martini (1920s themed of course!) – using collage and illustration.
Been very busy today but was luckily fueled by diet coke (thanks to Emma bringing in two bottles and plastic cups – yay! :D), so I got rather a bit done!
Here’s a few of my research boards, from the early stages. Looking at the colour schemes and artists:
And here’s my first quick storyboard, and the new storyboard! On the new storyboard you can see that I’m using silhouettes of the 1920s Flappers, the objects I’m going to draw in the style of 20’s illustration (more research to do on that!) and the pink represents where I’m going to scan in some vintage style wallpaper as a textured background.
And here are my first cut outs of some Flapper’s silhouettes – soo glad I’ve gotta craft knife – this woulda been hell with scissors!
And here’s is one that will be featured in the animation!
Got some pretty positive feedback from the lecturers – so hears hoping it all goes well!
Stopped for dinner (microwave sweet n sour with egg fried rice – nom!) and a quick post about the project so far!
This is a quick prototype of the video I’m working on – as you can tell it’s SUPER basic – I’m going to be using the lighting facilities in another studio to get a more even lighting and I want it to have this sorta “jagged” look to it, but maybe a lil bit smoother. Also, the character’s will have voices along with the music, so that’ll enhance the idea a bit more too!
The storyline is gonna be basically one paint tube annoying the sunbathing paint tube, and in the end the annoying lil character will jump on the other tube, resulting in paint going everywhere.
Obv’ this video doesn’t cover the full story, as I just wanted to get to grips with how I’m wanting it to look right now, but after making this little demo, I’ve got a much clearer idea of how it’s going to end up. It’s also given me an insight into how I’m going to approach my Flash animation next week!
It’s gonna be a lil (hopefully) funny video to represent the design element “colour”, and the video will feature on the blurb/weebly webpage.