Ink, Ink, Ink

Nearly finished my Blurb book spreads, and I’m starting to think about the new project – web design – luckily it’s an extension of the work from the first project, so that helps a lot!

After receiving feedback from my lecturers on some of my little doodles, that were accompanying my typography and photography, I’ve re-created the pictures by mono-printing them – and in the process I also made my front cover and contents page title… good times!

I created the fonts by drawing them out on card, cutting them out, then printing under/ over them with multiple colours of acrylic paint – on different textures/ weights of paper.

So here’s a sneak peek of the front cover and two of the spreads, as well as some of the raw photographs of the mono printing!

Front Cover.

Contents page banner.

Colour Double Page Spread One. (The dimensions of the book are 18 x 18cm – and I’m aiming for full bleed, falling off the page spreads – the rather informative pages will have a more conservative grid for legibility purposes, but pages like this will be messy!)

Lines Double Page Spread One.

This is a raw pick of the mono print I created for chiaroscuro, and the last image is for planes. These images will stand alone, merge, overlap or hang off the page with the typography and photography.

So once I’ve got my spreads done, and have the book made, I’ll stick up some photos! Also, I’ll post the web link up when I’ve finished this new project.

One more image for the road – turns out red ink on arms is a bad idea – it’s come off – but I looked rather sun burnt on my right arm for a couple of days afterwards – eek! … Don’t ask, we hit a creative brick wall, got bored, and decided this was the best way to spend our time 😛

Over n’ Out

graphicdesignandstuff

xxx

Advertisements